Public bodies, including local-authority-maintained schools, are covered by the public sector equality duty in the Equality Act 2010.
At Durham Gilesgate Primary School we are committed to equality. We aim for every pupil to fulfil their potential no matter what his/her background or personal circumstances.
Our School is committed to anti-discriminatory practice to promote equality of opportunity and value diversity for all children and families.
- Provide a secure and accessible environment in which all our children can develop and in which all contributions are considered and valued;
- Include and value the contribution of all families to our understanding of equality and diversity;
- Provide positive non-stereotyping information about gender roles, diverse ethnic and cultural groups and disabled people;
- Improve our knowledge and understanding of issues of anti-discriminatory practice, promoting equality and valuing diversity.
As part of our duties we publish:
- an Equalities Information profile of our school based upon the protected characteristics of the Equality Act 2010 – this is updated and published every year
- our school’s Equality Action Plan (Objectives) – these are reviewed annually and updated at least once every 4 years
- for further information please view or download our Equalities Policy and Equality Information and Objectives Policy in the School Policies section of our website.